Tuesday, September 8, 2009

More Time

Cause I need more time
Just a few more months and we’ll be fine...

More time. I need more time.

What for though? I'm conflicted. I want to be in Italy, more than I can say. I wish I was already there or getting on a plane like others. I want to buy my ticket. I want to pack. I want to be on campus. But alas, I can't until I have 80% of my support and I am not there yet.
I want more time because I feel like I'm finally developing the confidence it takes to raise support, that I am not letting fear or intimidation get in the way (as much, at least). I feel like I finally have a routine and am making progress. I just wish I had more time to really implement the things I've learned.

At the same time, as I spend time with my friends and family I'm being brought aware of all the things I will be or could be missing. Football season is starting, Homecoming, birthdays, weddings. This week I was really reminded of how lucky I am to have the friends I do. Today, the A.C. in my car broke and 2 friends worked on my car for probably about 2 hours when they didn't have to. There is a girl, whom I've affectionately named Mia Benedizione, who is one of the biggest lights in my life. She's been an overwhelming and incredible blessing to me and it breaks my heart that I won't get to see her grow over the next year.

With that being said, as much as I want more time, there is no such thing as more time. There is perfect time, His perfect time. The past months have really taught me that nothing is possible without God. And that I could work for months and months on support but without Him I'll be nowhere. It wasn't until I took steps and truly put my faith in the Lord that I started to see fruit.
So I will wait, and I will work, and I will pray because only in the Lord's timing will I get to Italy. I pray that it is soon, but it's not really up to me.

Please be praying for my support. I still need $1,500/month and $5,000 in one time support. That is 15 more partners at $100/month and $5,000 in one time donations or 20 more partners at $100/month. Also, please pray that I will seek Christ first ahead of all else.

...We’re off to new lands
So hold on to my hands
It’s gonna be alright
-"More Time" ~ needtobreathe-

2 comments:

  1. Looks like your learning a lot. Trust that no matter how much time it takes you to reach your goal, your benefitting from it. You will learn things about yourself during this time that will benefit you. Which will ultimatly teach you new things about the Lord. Which is the whole point. Continue to serve faithfully and the Lord will take care of the rest homie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Father loves your sacrifices of comfort, faith, and yes, even football. They are fragrant offerings you've laid before Him lofting toward heaven where He is looking down and says, "Oh angels, oh angels, look and see - through that dark night of faith, she is gazing at Me! oh angels, oh angels, look and see - through that cloud of unknowing, she's gazing at Me!"

    He doesn't want only 80% of you, not even 99%, He wants ALL of you. God is not restrained by time, but we are, and we must be tested in the fire, this fire of waiting in your case, purified to be of any use to Him.

    My biggest donations came late in the game -- those people were responsible for high blood pressure!!! ;) Love you

    ReplyDelete