Friday, August 14, 2009

Colorado

Hello from beautiful Copper Mountain, Colorado! I'm currently at stint briefing and am already having a great time. I've met people going to Bosnia, Spain, El Salvador, and so many more. Earlier today before our lunch break my friends from the Oceania team (Australia and New Zealand) took the lift up to the top of the mountain to gaze out at God's amazing creation. How anyone can deny God in a place like this is a mystery to me, for sure. Briefing has allowed me to hear amazing, crazy stories about what God has done in people's lives to get them here and I am honored to have a story to tell with them. And of course seeing friends and making friends has been great as well.
Meeting all these people from all these different places going to all different places just reminds me how big the world, and God, really is. We, myself included, tend to forget about others, always, constantly being wrapped up in our own world and our own problems. No matter how hard we try we will never be able to fix our broken minds, bodies, and souls on our own. Only through Christ, the ultimate carpenter, will we be rebuilt and made whole.
Please continue to pray for my support as I really only have 1 month left till I'm suppose to be on a plane! Please pray about joining me and for traveling home from briefing and where ever else I may be going.

"Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."
-Psalm 46:10-

No comments:

Post a Comment