Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Prayer and Promise

So I found this great verse in Hebrews the other day. I was at lunch with a friend who just got back from summer project in Salerno and we were talking about how God always stays true to His promises:

Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, or God can be trusted to keep his promise - Hebrews 10:23

It was perfect. Especially considering a week ago I was ready to give up. I woke up and told God I needed something big to show I was still suppose to be doing this. He, of course, did. That day 2 more people joined my team totaling over $100 in monthly support. And it didn't stop there, the past 2 weeks have shown great promise but with the constant reminder there is still much more to do. 

My prayer for the next 3 weeks is to see my total double every week. It sounds big, but coincidently I need big and that just so happens to be what God is good at. If you are reading this challenge yourself to give. Giving is a step in faith, maybe even bigger than my asking, but I ask you to take it.
So this is what I want to leave you with...

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; 
it give us assurance about things we cannot see
-Hebrews 11:1-

https://give.ccci.org/give/View/0619084

No comments:

Post a Comment